Sunday, August 15, 2010

Posting

I blame the return to this blog on Donald Miller. I have been reading one of his books again and it got me thinking about how much I like writing down my thoughts. Now, a sensible person might put them down in a journal but I am not a sensible person.

No, as the title of this blog suggest I want to climb up on a soap box in the public square and rattle off my thoughts.

Still, I wanted a focus. I still believe that most of my thoughts need to be confined to 140 characters, which seems appropriate length for most of my thoughts. Speaking of which you can read those 140 character thoughts at my twitter site

Then I got to thinking about my friend Kate's blog. Kate is a mother of two and the wife of one. She writes about her experiences at her blog. Through this particular blog I got some insight on what it is like to be in her situation.

I have these thoughts and experiences and I started to think that maybe people would be entertained by them. Maybe I would write about something that somebody might relate too. Maybe something that I write on here would be foundation for a really cool conversation the next time I get to sit down with them.

Or maybe it will just entertain me.

Either way I'm committing to updating this thing about once a week and you are invited to read up on it.

I'm going to write about what it is like to

-Be a dude
-Be a Christian
-Be a dude in his twenties
-Be a dude who is unmarried
-Be a dude who wants to make movies
-Be a dude who makes mistakes often and tries to learn from them

So there is my focus.

2 comments:

Zach said...

"...the wife of one"

Nice.

Kate D said...

heh, I didn't even notice that. ^^^

glad to see you're posting again.